Instagram: the addiction of our era.
Some of us look at it first thing when we wake up and last thing before going to sleep…
We also frequently rely on it to discover our city or get inspired.
So we wanted to share with you some of our favorite Istanbul Instagram accounts that reflect different faces of the city:
1) @hayalleme – Sharing Istanbul photos taken from the 1850s to the end of the 1980s, this account shows our city’s transformation over the years. Warning: if you are as nostalgic as we are, you might be captivated by the beauty of old Istanbul.
2) @cimkedi – We can’t help ourselves from strolling down architect Yener Torun’s feed, who is known for his minimalist yet vibrant photos. Get out of your Beyoglu/Etiler/Moda comfort zone and discover the architecture in transforming districts such as Maltepe or Zeytinburnu.
3) @fisheyedreams – We think Elif Suyabatmaz is among the best photographers; capturing Istanbulites in their most natural ways. Shadows and animals play an important role in her (mostly) black and white photos.
4) @istanbulstreetart – We LOVE street art. Check this account to see the most striking works around the city and share the ones you love using #sanatinparcasiol.
5) @umitko – Sharing special moments and places she visits, Ümit Savaş delights us with her stylish photos and proves how fun Istanbul can be.
6) @cizenbayan – Our friend Elif Tanverdi travels a lot, but when she is in Istanbul she inspires us with her photos. Her feed is a great source to learn more about current events or discover a new place.